Heavy traffic as A39 closed after car overturns near Bideford
- Credit: Devon & Cornwall Police
An elderly man in his 90s has been taken to hospital after his car overturned on the A39 near the Torridge Bridge in Bideford following collision with a van.
Police were called at 2.24pm to reports of a car on its side on the A39 near Orchard Hill.
A tweet from police just before 5pm said no one was seriously injured and the road would be opened shortly.
Two people were reported as being trapped inside the vehicle.
The fire and ambulances services attended.
The road was closed between the Heywood roundabout and Westleigh junction and remained closed at 4.45pm.
There is heavy traffic in the area and on the Old Bridge in Bideford as well as in the town as traffic tries to divert.
- 1 Knapp House must pay £90,000 for pool death of George Miller
- 2 Funding confirmed for work on 'dangerous' North Devon road
- 3 £11 million bid to get Barnstaple's heart beating again
- 4 Plans for 350 new homes in Ilfracombe recommended for approval
- 5 Novelty balloon race fundraiser for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Work on new North Devon leisure centre remains on schedule
- 7 Van and motorcycle collision causing 'heavy traffic' in Barnstaple
- 8 Bogus Ilfracombe cannabis dealer jailed
- 9 Barnstaple fugitive who skipped court to get drunk jailed
- 10 Shocked widow finds drunken sailor asleep in her Bideford home