Heavy traffic as A39 closed after car overturns near Bideford
- Credit: Devon & Cornwall Police
An elderly man in his 90s has been taken to hospital after his car overturned on the A39 near the Torridge Bridge in Bideford following collision with a van.
Police were called at 2.24pm to reports of a car on its side on the A39 near Orchard Hill.
A tweet from police just before 5pm said no one was seriously injured and the road would be opened shortly.
Two people were reported as being trapped inside the vehicle.
The fire and ambulances services attended.
The road was closed between the Heywood roundabout and Westleigh junction and remained closed at 4.45pm.
There is heavy traffic in the area and on the Old Bridge in Bideford as well as in the town as traffic tries to divert.
- 1 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 2 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 3 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 North Devon trounce previously unbeaten Tavistock