Traffic chaos as three-vehicle collision closes road
The A361 between Braunton and Barnstaple was closed for two hours after a collision at Chivenor Cross roundabout.
THE A361 at Chivenor Cross roundabout was closed for two hours last night after a three vehicle collision.
Commuters experienced long waits as traffic was diverted through Heanton following the collision just after 5pm.
The incident involved a silver Ford Focus, a grey Seat Ibiza and a green Ford Focus estate.
Police confirmed one of the vehicles had hit a streetlight during the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were treated for minor injuries at the scene and two patients were taken to North Devon District Hospital.
The nature of their injuries are not known.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
Police, fire and ambulance services attended the scene.
The road reopened at 7.06pm.