Traffic chaos as three-vehicle collision closes road
The A361 between Braunton and Barnstaple was closed for two hours after a collision at Chivenor Cross roundabout.
THE A361 at Chivenor Cross roundabout was closed for two hours last night after a three vehicle collision.
Commuters experienced long waits as traffic was diverted through Heanton following the collision just after 5pm.
The incident involved a silver Ford Focus, a grey Seat Ibiza and a green Ford Focus estate.
Police confirmed one of the vehicles had hit a streetlight during the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Two people were treated for minor injuries at the scene and two patients were taken to North Devon District Hospital.
The nature of their injuries are not known.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Police, fire and ambulance services attended the scene.
The road reopened at 7.06pm.