Traffic chaos after Eggesford accident
- Credit: Archant
The A377 is closed this morning after car collided with a tree.
THERE is traffic chaos, tailbacks and long delays after an accident on the A377 near Eggesford this morning (Monday).
The road is closed near Eggesford Station after a Braunton-registered silver Vauxhall Corsa collided with a tree, spilling oil on to the carriageway.
The driver of the car, a 23-year-old man was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by South Western Ambulance Service but is thought to have suffered only minor injuries.
Police have warned of long delays following the 7.50am incident, as South West Highways crews work to remove the oil and the road remains closed at this time.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: The road was reported as open just before 10.30am.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience