Traffic chaos after Eggesford accident
- Credit: Archant
The A377 is closed this morning after car collided with a tree.
THERE is traffic chaos, tailbacks and long delays after an accident on the A377 near Eggesford this morning (Monday).
The road is closed near Eggesford Station after a Braunton-registered silver Vauxhall Corsa collided with a tree, spilling oil on to the carriageway.
The driver of the car, a 23-year-old man was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by South Western Ambulance Service but is thought to have suffered only minor injuries.
Police have warned of long delays following the 7.50am incident, as South West Highways crews work to remove the oil and the road remains closed at this time.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: The road was reported as open just before 10.30am.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail