Traffic chaos after Eggesford accident
- Credit: Archant
The A377 is closed this morning after car collided with a tree.
THERE is traffic chaos, tailbacks and long delays after an accident on the A377 near Eggesford this morning (Monday).
The road is closed near Eggesford Station after a Braunton-registered silver Vauxhall Corsa collided with a tree, spilling oil on to the carriageway.
The driver of the car, a 23-year-old man was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by South Western Ambulance Service but is thought to have suffered only minor injuries.
Police have warned of long delays following the 7.50am incident, as South West Highways crews work to remove the oil and the road remains closed at this time.
UPDATE: The road was reported as open just before 10.30am.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple