Traditional summer fun at Northcote Manor charity picnic
CHILDREN S Hospice South West supporters are being invited to enjoy some traditional summer fun in the grounds of one of the region s best-loved country house hotels. The grounds of Northcote Manor, at Burrington near Umberleigh, will host a charity cream
CHILDREN’S Hospice South West supporters are being invited to enjoy some traditional summer fun in the grounds of one of the region’s best-loved country house hotels.
The grounds of Northcote Manor, at Burrington near Umberleigh, will host a charity cream tea and picnic on Sunday, August 9. Entry is free, but visitors will be asked to make a donation on the gate. In case of bad weather, the house will be open.
There will also be a croquet tournament, a prize draw and lots of children’s games to play, from 12noon to 5pm.
For those who prefer not to pack a lunch, special champagne picnics are available, if booked in advance.
You may also want to watch:
“Let us know you’re coming and any under 10’s bringing a teddy bear will get a complimentary teddy bear’s picnic consisting of a sandwich and a fairy cake,” said hospice fundraiser Ian Roome.
“All proceeds go to Children's Hospice South West, who would like to thank to all at the Northcote Manor for supporting the charity.”
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
For more information, telephone (01769) 560501 or email email@example.com