Traditional summer fun at Northcote Manor charity picnic
CHILDREN S Hospice South West supporters are being invited to enjoy some traditional summer fun in the grounds of one of the region s best-loved country house hotels. The grounds of Northcote Manor, at Burrington near Umberleigh, will host a charity cream
CHILDREN’S Hospice South West supporters are being invited to enjoy some traditional summer fun in the grounds of one of the region’s best-loved country house hotels.
The grounds of Northcote Manor, at Burrington near Umberleigh, will host a charity cream tea and picnic on Sunday, August 9. Entry is free, but visitors will be asked to make a donation on the gate. In case of bad weather, the house will be open.
There will also be a croquet tournament, a prize draw and lots of children’s games to play, from 12noon to 5pm.
For those who prefer not to pack a lunch, special champagne picnics are available, if booked in advance.
You may also want to watch:
“Let us know you’re coming and any under 10’s bringing a teddy bear will get a complimentary teddy bear’s picnic consisting of a sandwich and a fairy cake,” said hospice fundraiser Ian Roome.
“All proceeds go to Children's Hospice South West, who would like to thank to all at the Northcote Manor for supporting the charity.”
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 8 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 9 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
For more information, telephone (01769) 560501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org