Traders have so many to thank
SIR - The Torrington Traders would like to thank everyone who helped to make the first Torrington Christmas Fayre such a great afternoon.
This is the first time we have staged such an event and we appreciated all the help and support we received from North Devon Highways Department with regard to the road closure, to the Cavaliers for putting up the Christmas Lights
and to Brian Woods and helpers who put up the Christmas Tree in the Square.
We are grateful for the support of all the entertainers – Jax Acoustic Duo, Roots Exchange, Streetz, the Salsa and Belly dancers, Torrington Silver Band,
Guides and Brownies who brought a festive feel to the afternoon with their performances. Thank you to Hopps for opening the Fayre, to our compere, Town Councillor Geoff Lee, who kept everything running smoothly, Father Christmas and his three lovely Elves, St Johns Ambulance, The Plough, CDT and the Pannier Market shopkeepers who let us take over for the day and the help they gave in setting up for the Fayre.
Thanks must go to the Torrington Co-op for their Free Christmas Lunch Draw and for bringing along an extremely handsome shire horse who was very well behaved.
We are also extremely grateful to Phil Vanstone who came with his Fun Fair which added to the enjoyment and for the generous donation to the Fayre by the Fair stall holders.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
Thank you for all the donations of Raffle prizes donated from businesses throughout the area and to everyone who helped advertise the Fayre.
We hope everyone enjoyed the afternoon and we look forward to holding a variety of events throughout the coming year.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
Carol and Jeanne, Jeneca
Jayne, Jayne Poole Photogra