Traders have so many to thank
SIR - The Torrington Traders would like to thank everyone who helped to make the first Torrington Christmas Fayre such a great afternoon.
This is the first time we have staged such an event and we appreciated all the help and support we received from North Devon Highways Department with regard to the road closure, to the Cavaliers for putting up the Christmas Lights
and to Brian Woods and helpers who put up the Christmas Tree in the Square.
We are grateful for the support of all the entertainers – Jax Acoustic Duo, Roots Exchange, Streetz, the Salsa and Belly dancers, Torrington Silver Band,
Guides and Brownies who brought a festive feel to the afternoon with their performances. Thank you to Hopps for opening the Fayre, to our compere, Town Councillor Geoff Lee, who kept everything running smoothly, Father Christmas and his three lovely Elves, St Johns Ambulance, The Plough, CDT and the Pannier Market shopkeepers who let us take over for the day and the help they gave in setting up for the Fayre.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks must go to the Torrington Co-op for their Free Christmas Lunch Draw and for bringing along an extremely handsome shire horse who was very well behaved.
We are also extremely grateful to Phil Vanstone who came with his Fun Fair which added to the enjoyment and for the generous donation to the Fayre by the Fair stall holders.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Thank you for all the donations of Raffle prizes donated from businesses throughout the area and to everyone who helped advertise the Fayre.
We hope everyone enjoyed the afternoon and we look forward to holding a variety of events throughout the coming year.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas
Carol and Jeanne, Jeneca
Jayne, Jayne Poole Photogra