Tractor fire leaves fence severely damaged
Fire crews were called to tackle the blaze near Holsworthy on Saturday.
A TRACTOR that caught alight in a field on Saturday was left severely damaged by the blaze.
A fire engine from Holsworthy was called to the field in Sutcombe at 4.15pm to fight the fire which had spread to three metres of wooden fencing and a wooden gate.
Crews battled the blaze using breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and small tools.
The fire left the fencing and gate severely damaged, as well as causing moderate damage to part of an adjacent building.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!