Town gets ready for 25th anniversary carnival
South Molton Lions Club puts plans in place for annual procession
ORGANISERS of South Molton Carnival have announced plans to celebrate the event’s 25th anniversary in style.
South Molton Lions Club hopes that more people than ever will join in the fun on Saturday, September 24 – and help raise lots of money for North Devon District Hospital’s Chemotherapy Appeal.
The event will start at 12noon with the crowning of carnival queen Jo Hosegood, 15. The South Molton Community College student will be attended by South Molton Infant School pupils Chloe Ogden and Finley Squire, both aged 6.
The carnival itself will assemble in Southley Road at around 4.45pm, with judging taking place at 5pm.
The procession will head off at 6pm, turning left onto New Road and then onto East Street, Broad Street, South Street, Mill Street, and back to Southley Road.
The Pannier Market will host an evening fun fair.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity
Lion president Graham Lang said: “This year will be the 25th year we have staged the carnival and we hope the people and businesses of South Molton will continue their support for us and come along and enjoy the show.”
Entry forms are available from Webbers Estate Agents, South Molton Lion Henry Smith or the Lions Club website www.southmoltonlions.org.uk/