Town centre man off to university
Craig Bulley to take up new career opportunity with University of Exeter
BARNSTAPLE town centre manager Craig Bulley has announced he is stepping down after six years in the role.
Mr Bulley, who took up the post in May 2005, is set to pursue a new career opportunity at the University of Exeter, starting next month.
During his time at Barnstaple Town Centre Management, Mr Bulley, whose role also comprises the town’s pannier market and CCTV manager, has overseen a number of events and initiatives that have helped raise Barnstaple’s profile as a shopping destination.
Among his achievements, he helped to coordinate the town’s successful Business Improvement District (BID) ballot in 2010 and has pioneered the town’s ambitious Christmas lights switch on events, which have attracted big name celebrities, as well as thousands of people to the town.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud of the town we have and, in particular, of all the independent traders we have to offer,” said Mr Bulley, 39.
“My only hope is that everyone can work together a little better for the benefit of all.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
“I’ve met and worked with some brilliant people over the years and am leaving with a heavy heart.
“But I’ve been offered a great opportunity to move in a slightly different direction and I’m looking forward to the challenge,” he added.
Barnstaple Town Centre Management was established in 1997 as private and public sector partnership to improve the viability, prosperity, well being and vitality of the town centre. Partners include local businesses, Barnstaple Town Council, North Devon Council, Devon County Council and Devon and Cornwall Police.
Barnstaple Mayor Ian Roome said: “On behalf of the town I’d like to wish Craig every success in his new endeavour.
“I’d also like to thank him for all his hard work on behalf on the businesses in the town.”
A spokesperson for North Devon Council said the position would be advertised in the coming weeks.