Town band plays in twin town
- Credit: Archant
Bideford Town Band visited Landivisiau with the Bideford Twinning Association.
BIDEFORD town band has returned from a trip to Landivisiau with the Bideford Twinning Association.
The long weekend saw the band take the ferry across to the twin town and play concerts for the French hosts.
Tim Watts, of the town band, said: “A great time was had by all with concerts, parties, an outdoor service and even Breton dancing lessons all on the agenda.
“Our French hosts were very welcoming and the band certainly enjoyed some good advertising for its concerts.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite the temptation of wine a-plenty, the concerts at the Salle de Vallon and Gardens were played to a very high standard and were well received.”
Anyone interested in finding out more about the band and its concerts can visit www.bidefordtownband.co.uk.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's