Tourism gongs for Calvert Trust Exmoor
Centre wins two golds at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards held in Torquay.
CALVERT Trust Exmoor has won two gold awards at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
The centre, which provides outward bound holidays and activities for people with disabilities and their families, received awards in the Access for All and Tourism Activity, Sport and Experience of the Year categories at the event in Torquay, the latter shared with the Minack Theatre.
Judges’ comments called the work of the centre near Blackmoor Gate “outstanding” in its accessibility and “going the extra mile” to provide people with “the active holiday of a lifetime”.
Tim Harris, trust chief executive said it was a great honour to be recognised in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great honour to have been recognised in the South West region not only for the quality of our accessible facilities, but also for the quality of the work we do, bringing outdoor activities to a large number of disabled people drawn from all over the country,” he said.
Calvert Trust Exmoor has already seen an upsurge in interest, including an invitation to be listed on www.verygoodservice.com.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
It will now go on to represent the South West at the National Visit England Awards in May.