Tourism gongs for Calvert Trust Exmoor
Centre wins two golds at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards held in Torquay.
CALVERT Trust Exmoor has won two gold awards at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
The centre, which provides outward bound holidays and activities for people with disabilities and their families, received awards in the Access for All and Tourism Activity, Sport and Experience of the Year categories at the event in Torquay, the latter shared with the Minack Theatre.
Judges’ comments called the work of the centre near Blackmoor Gate “outstanding” in its accessibility and “going the extra mile” to provide people with “the active holiday of a lifetime”.
Tim Harris, trust chief executive said it was a great honour to be recognised in the region.
“It’s a great honour to have been recognised in the South West region not only for the quality of our accessible facilities, but also for the quality of the work we do, bringing outdoor activities to a large number of disabled people drawn from all over the country,” he said.
Calvert Trust Exmoor has already seen an upsurge in interest, including an invitation to be listed on www.verygoodservice.com.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
It will now go on to represent the South West at the National Visit England Awards in May.