Tourism gongs for Calvert Trust Exmoor
Centre wins two golds at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards held in Torquay.
CALVERT Trust Exmoor has won two gold awards at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
The centre, which provides outward bound holidays and activities for people with disabilities and their families, received awards in the Access for All and Tourism Activity, Sport and Experience of the Year categories at the event in Torquay, the latter shared with the Minack Theatre.
Judges’ comments called the work of the centre near Blackmoor Gate “outstanding” in its accessibility and “going the extra mile” to provide people with “the active holiday of a lifetime”.
Tim Harris, trust chief executive said it was a great honour to be recognised in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great honour to have been recognised in the South West region not only for the quality of our accessible facilities, but also for the quality of the work we do, bringing outdoor activities to a large number of disabled people drawn from all over the country,” he said.
Calvert Trust Exmoor has already seen an upsurge in interest, including an invitation to be listed on www.verygoodservice.com.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
It will now go on to represent the South West at the National Visit England Awards in May.