Tour de Forces gearing up for big start date
The team of war veterans and civilians will be journeying more than 3,000 miles to raise money for four charities.
A TEAM of war veterans and civilians will be setting off on a 3,000 mile journey on Saturday around the British coastline to raise money for four charities.
Tour de Forces is the idea of Braunton man Paul Shearsby, who wanted to do something to help others.
He said: “As a civilian that has been around the military way of life since the day I was born I have seen the unique family that is Her Majesty’s Forces.
“I am just a normal man that works in a petrol station in a sleepy Devon village as well as volunteer for the ambulance service, but there is always that great feeling of being a part of something that has no benefit to us but will help many others.”
You may also want to watch:
The main team also includes former Royal Marine Commando Mark ‘Rammers’ Ormrod, who lost three limbs in an I.E.D explosion in Afghanistan on Christmas Eve 2007.
The team will set off from Plymouth’s Royal Citadel between 8am and 9am and hope to complete the round trip in around 36 days.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
During the trip they will be raising money for the Royal Marine Association, The Royal British Legion, and Semper FI Fund and the British Limbless Ex Service Men’s Association (BLESMA).
For more information and to donate visit www.tourdeforces.com.