Total waste of money
Firstly I would like to offer my condolences to the council tax payers of Ilfracombe who stand to have yet another apparition forced upon them.
The significance of this statue to the town escapes me. As Ilfracombe is a sea port, wouldn’t a maritime theme be more appropriate? Of course North Devon has one of the highest proportions of unmarried mothers so as a previous reader suggested, could the statue be positioned near to the Barnstaple benefits office?
Another site could be on the “Stones Roundabout”, a site for misguided projects of “art”.
However there is some hope that an enterprising scrap metal criminal will remove it?
Good luck Ilfracombe council tax payers in your campaign to prevent this “folly” desecrating your town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty