Total waste of money
Firstly I would like to offer my condolences to the council tax payers of Ilfracombe who stand to have yet another apparition forced upon them.
The significance of this statue to the town escapes me. As Ilfracombe is a sea port, wouldn’t a maritime theme be more appropriate? Of course North Devon has one of the highest proportions of unmarried mothers so as a previous reader suggested, could the statue be positioned near to the Barnstaple benefits office?
Another site could be on the “Stones Roundabout”, a site for misguided projects of “art”.
However there is some hope that an enterprising scrap metal criminal will remove it?
Good luck Ilfracombe council tax payers in your campaign to prevent this “folly” desecrating your town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home