Total waste of money
Firstly I would like to offer my condolences to the council tax payers of Ilfracombe who stand to have yet another apparition forced upon them.
The significance of this statue to the town escapes me. As Ilfracombe is a sea port, wouldn’t a maritime theme be more appropriate? Of course North Devon has one of the highest proportions of unmarried mothers so as a previous reader suggested, could the statue be positioned near to the Barnstaple benefits office?
Another site could be on the “Stones Roundabout”, a site for misguided projects of “art”.
However there is some hope that an enterprising scrap metal criminal will remove it?
Good luck Ilfracombe council tax payers in your campaign to prevent this “folly” desecrating your town.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 8 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 9 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 10 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords