Total waste of money
Firstly I would like to offer my condolences to the council tax payers of Ilfracombe who stand to have yet another apparition forced upon them.
The significance of this statue to the town escapes me. As Ilfracombe is a sea port, wouldn’t a maritime theme be more appropriate? Of course North Devon has one of the highest proportions of unmarried mothers so as a previous reader suggested, could the statue be positioned near to the Barnstaple benefits office?
Another site could be on the “Stones Roundabout”, a site for misguided projects of “art”.
However there is some hope that an enterprising scrap metal criminal will remove it?
Good luck Ilfracombe council tax payers in your campaign to prevent this “folly” desecrating your town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects