Torrington transformed into Winter Wonderland
Torrington will be transformed into a winter wonderland on Sunday where magical fun and entertainment will be laid on for the whole family to enjoy.
Visitors can enjoy shopping, entertainment and activities put on by the Torrington Traders before the big Christmas light swtch-on.
A skating rink, falling ‘snow’, carols, and entertainment from Peter the Penguin will be on show all day with roasting chestnuts and mulled wine adding to the festive spirit.
Street dancers, a brass band and folk band will also be warming the atmosphere and the fair will provide traditional funfair rides for all.
Children will have the opportunity to visit Father Christmas in his grotto with Mother Christmas and their elves, and can even have a photograph with Santa as a keepsake of the day.
You may also want to watch:
The variety of independent retailers around the town offers a diverse range of goods for Christmas shopping, and the pannier market and craft stalls will be showcasing the best local produce.
The day of festive activities will culminate with local school children forming a candlelit parade to the town square with their willow lantern angels.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
The town band will accompany the youngsters and the mayor and May Queen will switch on the Christmas lights.
Great Torrington Chamber of Trade has promised the event, now in its third year, will be bigger and better than ever before.
Join in the festive fun on Sunday, December 9 from 10am until 6pm with free parking all day.