Torrington town health talks
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust has hosted a meeting in Torrington to discuss a way forward for the town s hospital services. Its aim was to open discussions on how to secure and improve future NHS services in the town and it was clear that everyone wante
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust has hosted a meeting in Torrington to discuss a way forward for the town's hospital services.
Its aim was to open discussions on how to secure and improve future NHS services in the town and it was clear that everyone wanted a base for community hospital and nursing services to remain in Torrington, said a spokesperson. The Trust was heartened by the strength of feeling towards the community hospital and to know the community and hospital nursing staff were immensely valued.
The meeting was attended by councillors, voluntary and patient groups, local GPs, the Mayor, NHS staff and the League of Friends.
The Trust was asked to return with more information on the constraints of Torrington's current hospital building, which is more than 150 years old, and ideas on the possibilities for improving the services offered.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, the Trust is to involve the wider community and will hold a public meeting this month to start the same discussion with residents.
Keri Storey, Assistant Director of Health and Social Care, said: "We have started a conversation with staff, clinicians and patients who use our services, to ask them what works really well and we will use their feedback to plan a service which keeps getting better. It will only be with the involvement of the whole community that we can make an informed decision on what the residents and patients of Torrington want from their local NHS and how we meet that need."
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Questions or comments can be left on a message board at: www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/torrington/way-forward-for-torrington/ or you can contact the Trust for more information on (01271) 311575.