Torrington town health talks
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust has hosted a meeting in Torrington to discuss a way forward for the town s hospital services. Its aim was to open discussions on how to secure and improve future NHS services in the town and it was clear that everyone wante
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare Trust has hosted a meeting in Torrington to discuss a way forward for the town's hospital services.
Its aim was to open discussions on how to secure and improve future NHS services in the town and it was clear that everyone wanted a base for community hospital and nursing services to remain in Torrington, said a spokesperson. The Trust was heartened by the strength of feeling towards the community hospital and to know the community and hospital nursing staff were immensely valued.
The meeting was attended by councillors, voluntary and patient groups, local GPs, the Mayor, NHS staff and the League of Friends.
The Trust was asked to return with more information on the constraints of Torrington's current hospital building, which is more than 150 years old, and ideas on the possibilities for improving the services offered.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, the Trust is to involve the wider community and will hold a public meeting this month to start the same discussion with residents.
Keri Storey, Assistant Director of Health and Social Care, said: "We have started a conversation with staff, clinicians and patients who use our services, to ask them what works really well and we will use their feedback to plan a service which keeps getting better. It will only be with the involvement of the whole community that we can make an informed decision on what the residents and patients of Torrington want from their local NHS and how we meet that need."
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
Questions or comments can be left on a message board at: www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/torrington/way-forward-for-torrington/ or you can contact the Trust for more information on (01271) 311575.