Torrington’s Christmas Surprise
- Credit: Archant
Get festive with Christmas food, fun, drinks and carols - as Torrington lights up for Christmas tomorrow (Sun).
Torrington will be transformed into a winter wonderland this Christmas as the Chamber of Trade puts on a Christmas Surprise.
Tomorrow (Sunday) the town will feature festive food, drink, music and entertainment at the event, before the lighting of the lights.
From 11am, there will be a fun fair in the Square, craft stalls in the Pannier Market, and entertainment in the form of music, local dance acts, Christmas carols and bands.
There will also be a Santa’s grotto, a large raffle, and even more surprises on the day.
You may also want to watch:
As darkness falls, a children’s lantern parade will wind its way through the town at 5.30pm, led by the town bands.
The event will culminate with the switching on of the Christmas Lights by the Mayor and May Queen.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 5 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
Lesley Phillips, of the Chamber, said: “This year the fun will be spread over more of the town centre and businesses will be open for shopping, food and drinks.
“Why not support Torrington and all it’s independent shops for something different this Christmas?”
The event, now in its fourth year, will offer free parking today and tomorrow.
In the run up to Christmas, the Chamber has also organised a number of late night shopping events.
On Friday December 13 and 20, shops in the town will be open until 8pm and there will be a competition for children as well.
The Chamber has organised festive music for those events and businesses will be brimming with Christmas cheer.
And for that last minute dash to collect fresh produce and gifts, there will also be free parking on December 23.