Torrington rector to retire
TORRINGTON will say farewell on Sunday, April 18, to long serving Rector, the Reverend Jeremy Hummerstone. A festival evensong at St Michael s parish church at 7pm will be followed by a buffet and presentation to mark the retirement of Mr Hummerstone afte
TORRINGTON will say farewell on Sunday, April 18, to long serving Rector, the Reverend Jeremy Hummerstone.
A festival evensong at St Michael's parish church at 7pm will be followed by a buffet and presentation to mark the retirement of Mr Hummerstone after 30 years as Rector of Great Torrington, Little Torrington, Taddiport and Frithelstock.
Originally from Canterbury, he served in the Diocese of Salisbury and in Yorkshire before coming to Torrington.
Mr Hummerstone, 70, and his wife Clarissa will be moving away from the area and going up north.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to make a donation to a gift collection is asked to contact Mrs C Foster at 44 Holwill Drive, Great Torrington, or the churchwarden.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections