Torrington rector to retire
TORRINGTON will say farewell on Sunday, April 18, to long serving Rector, the Reverend Jeremy Hummerstone. A festival evensong at St Michael s parish church at 7pm will be followed by a buffet and presentation to mark the retirement of Mr Hummerstone afte
TORRINGTON will say farewell on Sunday, April 18, to long serving Rector, the Reverend Jeremy Hummerstone.
A festival evensong at St Michael's parish church at 7pm will be followed by a buffet and presentation to mark the retirement of Mr Hummerstone after 30 years as Rector of Great Torrington, Little Torrington, Taddiport and Frithelstock.
Originally from Canterbury, he served in the Diocese of Salisbury and in Yorkshire before coming to Torrington.
Mr Hummerstone, 70, and his wife Clarissa will be moving away from the area and going up north.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to make a donation to a gift collection is asked to contact Mrs C Foster at 44 Holwill Drive, Great Torrington, or the churchwarden.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened