Torrington rector to retire
TORRINGTON will say farewell on Sunday, April 18, to long serving Rector, the Reverend Jeremy Hummerstone. A festival evensong at St Michael s parish church at 7pm will be followed by a buffet and presentation to mark the retirement of Mr Hummerstone afte
TORRINGTON will say farewell on Sunday, April 18, to long serving Rector, the Reverend Jeremy Hummerstone.
A festival evensong at St Michael's parish church at 7pm will be followed by a buffet and presentation to mark the retirement of Mr Hummerstone after 30 years as Rector of Great Torrington, Little Torrington, Taddiport and Frithelstock.
Originally from Canterbury, he served in the Diocese of Salisbury and in Yorkshire before coming to Torrington.
Mr Hummerstone, 70, and his wife Clarissa will be moving away from the area and going up north.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to make a donation to a gift collection is asked to contact Mrs C Foster at 44 Holwill Drive, Great Torrington, or the churchwarden.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 4 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 5 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 8 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner