Torrington pupil creates winning design
- Credit: Archant
The 13-year-old was presented with book vouchers and a framed picture after winning the competition set up by Actavis.
A TORRINGTON youngster had a pleasant surprise in her school assembly after discovering she had won a design competition organised by Actavis.
Great Torrington School pupil Harley Hamilton created the winning carton design for an imaginary new tablet which would turn you into a ‘superb brain’.
The 13-year-old was presented with a framed picture of her design along with a £25 Waterstones voucher for herself, and a £100 voucher for the school.
The artwork competition was launched by an apprentice team from the Barnstaple based factory, as part of Big Bang South West.
You may also want to watch:
The judges said: “We felt that the design was creative and captured the key areas that should be included on the design even down to the barcode.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial