Torrington pupil creates winning design
- Credit: Archant
The 13-year-old was presented with book vouchers and a framed picture after winning the competition set up by Actavis.
A TORRINGTON youngster had a pleasant surprise in her school assembly after discovering she had won a design competition organised by Actavis.
Great Torrington School pupil Harley Hamilton created the winning carton design for an imaginary new tablet which would turn you into a ‘superb brain’.
The 13-year-old was presented with a framed picture of her design along with a £25 Waterstones voucher for herself, and a £100 voucher for the school.
The artwork competition was launched by an apprentice team from the Barnstaple based factory, as part of Big Bang South West.
You may also want to watch:
The judges said: “We felt that the design was creative and captured the key areas that should be included on the design even down to the barcode.”
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment