Torrington Post Office saved from closure
- Credit: Archant
A Post Office in Torrington has been saved from closure with the appointment of a new temporary postmaster.
The operator of the shop had made the difficult decision to close. The retail side of the store had already closed. Due to the resignation of the operator, Torrington Post Office was also due to close at the end of March.
However, Post Office services will now be maintained by new management appointed on Thursday, February 25. Existing Post Office staff will continue to work in the branch.
Torrington Post Office will continue to operate from the existing premises at 13 High Street, Torrington, EX38 8HN.
The opening hours will continue to be, Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Walls, Post Office Network Provision Lead said: “We are delighted to be able to maintain Torrington Post Office as we know how important Post Office services are to Torrington and the neighbouring communities.”
The Post Office is still looking for a permanent solution for Torrington. The vacancy is advertised on www.runapostoffice.co.uk.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 9 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 10 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company