Torrington man seriously injured in assault
- Credit: Archant
Police appeal after ‘a number of people’ involved in fight leaving 55-year-old in hospital seriously injured.
A TORRINGTON man sustained serious head and body injuries after he was punched to the ground and kicked during a fight in Torrington this weekend.
A number of people were involved in a fight outside the Torridge Vale Social Club, South Street, during the early hours of Saturday morning.
The 55-year-old was ‘kicked repeatedly’ while on the ground during the assault and was taken to North Devon District Hospital where he remains.
A 24-year-old Torrington man was arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed until July 28.
You may also want to watch:
DC John Wright, from the Bideford investigation team, said: “Due to the large numbers of people present at the time, there would undoubtedly have been people who witnessed this incident and we would like to hear from them.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, quoting reference CR/77487/14.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 9 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank