Torridge welcomes chief executive from Teignbridge
TORRIDGE District Council has appointed a new interim chief executive. In a new partnership between Torridge and Teignbridge District Councils, Nicola Bulbeck will become the joint chief executive of both authorities. Leader of Torridge District Council
TORRIDGE District Council has appointed a new interim chief executive.
In a new partnership between Torridge and Teignbridge District Councils, Nicola Bulbeck will become the joint chief executive of both authorities.
Leader of Torridge District Council, James Morrish said, "This is fantastic news for us all. Nicola is a highly respected chief executive and a wonderful person who will play a major role in ensuring that Torridge will not just be leading the way in Devon but also on a national platform."
Mrs Bulbeck will replace current chief John van de Laarschot, who is set to take up a new position as chief executive of Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This is a truly exciting opportunity for two high-performing councils to learn from each other, using each others' specific strengths to improve overall performance for the benefit of local people.
"I'm delighted to have the chance to lead this work and look forward to working with staff, members and partners to help improve local services and deliver better value-for-money than ever before.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
"We'll be breaking new ground, working together wherever we can for the benefit of local people and the services we provide. Already both councils are performing well, with strong levels of customer satisfaction and good inspection results."
Cllr Alan Connett, leader of Teignbridge District Council, said: "An interim shared chief executive offers so many benefits to both councils and our customers. I welcome the shared appointment because it is a real example of councils working together and learning from each other.
"Local people always come first, and they remain Teignbridge's focus as we work to trim costs and provide value for money services."
Cllr James Morrish added: "The businesses and residents of Torridge deserve the best and in Nicola we definitely have the best. Torridge is a great place to be and with Nicola's appointment even greater things are to come."
Mrs Bulbeck is expected to start handover work with Torridge District Council in December, ahead of taking up the full role in January 2010.