Torridge training course for butchers
Torridge District Council is running a free food hygiene training course for butchers. The Council is writing to all butchers premises in the district inviting them to attend the course to be held at its Riverbank House offices on Tuesday, June 1, at
Torridge District Council is running a free food hygiene training course for butchers.
The Council is writing to all butchers' premises in the district inviting them to attend the course to be held at its Riverbank House offices on Tuesday,
June 1, at 6pm.
Torridge's lead member for Health and Safety Cllr Andrew Saywell said, "The aim is to help enhance food safety knowledge and practices to make sure that nothing like the outbreak of E.Coli 01571 in South Wales in 2005, which left a five year old little boy dead and over 150 other people ill, could ever happen here."
You may also want to watch:
The course is being provided by a partnership between Torridge District Council, Exeter City Council and Mid Devon District Council.
The training event will cover a number of critical food safety areas, including the results of the Pennington inquiry in the South Wales outbreak, Cleaning, Prerequisites, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Vacuum Packing.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 5 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 9 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
The training is being offered to all butchery businesses and will last approximately 21/2 hours, including a break half-way through.
The Food and Safety team at Torridge has trained over 300 people in food hygiene working in all kinds of food businesses over the last 12 months, and has recently run a course in the sylheti language as well.
Councillor Saywell added, "The feedback we have had on our courses has been really positive and Torridge is keen to help and support all food businesses in the district to maintain excellent hygiene standards."
For more information or to book a place please contact the Food Safety team at Torridge on 01237 428824