Torridge training course for butchers
Torridge District Council is running a free food hygiene training course for butchers. The Council is writing to all butchers premises in the district inviting them to attend the course to be held at its Riverbank House offices on Tuesday, June 1, at
Torridge District Council is running a free food hygiene training course for butchers.
The Council is writing to all butchers' premises in the district inviting them to attend the course to be held at its Riverbank House offices on Tuesday,
June 1, at 6pm.
Torridge's lead member for Health and Safety Cllr Andrew Saywell said, "The aim is to help enhance food safety knowledge and practices to make sure that nothing like the outbreak of E.Coli 01571 in South Wales in 2005, which left a five year old little boy dead and over 150 other people ill, could ever happen here."
You may also want to watch:
The course is being provided by a partnership between Torridge District Council, Exeter City Council and Mid Devon District Council.
The training event will cover a number of critical food safety areas, including the results of the Pennington inquiry in the South Wales outbreak, Cleaning, Prerequisites, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and Vacuum Packing.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
The training is being offered to all butchery businesses and will last approximately 21/2 hours, including a break half-way through.
The Food and Safety team at Torridge has trained over 300 people in food hygiene working in all kinds of food businesses over the last 12 months, and has recently run a course in the sylheti language as well.
Councillor Saywell added, "The feedback we have had on our courses has been really positive and Torridge is keen to help and support all food businesses in the district to maintain excellent hygiene standards."
For more information or to book a place please contact the Food Safety team at Torridge on 01237 428824