Torridge ‘should take baton’
Bideford has a modern state-of-the-art college. It also has two adjacent playing fields which are together large enough to build a sports centre of almost Olympic proportions, complete with a gymnastic centre and running track.
Bideford has a huge river with two rowing clubs. It has Brunswick Wharf which could be used as a rowing or sailing club centre. Knapp House were interested in developing their waterfront.
Perhaps a sailing club there or even at Instow? Windsurfing and kitesurfing? (These are sports which won medals at the London Olympics.)
Torridge District Council, I pass you the baton.
The government wants infrastructure. Give them something to think about. The job creation possibilities are endless.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs