Torridge ‘should take baton’
Bideford has a modern state-of-the-art college. It also has two adjacent playing fields which are together large enough to build a sports centre of almost Olympic proportions, complete with a gymnastic centre and running track.
Bideford has a huge river with two rowing clubs. It has Brunswick Wharf which could be used as a rowing or sailing club centre. Knapp House were interested in developing their waterfront.
Perhaps a sailing club there or even at Instow? Windsurfing and kitesurfing? (These are sports which won medals at the London Olympics.)
Torridge District Council, I pass you the baton.
The government wants infrastructure. Give them something to think about. The job creation possibilities are endless.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford