Torridge 'ring and ride' service expanded
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council. The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend ring and ride service to Dolton
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council.
The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend "ring and ride" service to Dolton; Dowland; Huish; Littleham; Landcross; Monkleigh; Buckland Brewer; Parkham; Alwington; Yarnscombe; Merton and Beaford.
Duncan Goodman, Manager of Torridge CTA, said: "We are delighted to get this funding from DCC. We realised that with supermarkets and other shops open seven-days-a-week, there was an opportunity for us to serve some extra parishes by operating at the weekend."
In addition, some extra parishes - Huntshaw, Alverdiscott, Buckland Filleigh and Burrington - have been added into the timetable during the week.
You may also want to watch:
To book or for more details of the door-to-door, accessible service, telephone Torridge CTA on (01237) 423232.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage