Torridge 'ring and ride' service expanded
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council. The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend ring and ride service to Dolton
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council.
The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend "ring and ride" service to Dolton; Dowland; Huish; Littleham; Landcross; Monkleigh; Buckland Brewer; Parkham; Alwington; Yarnscombe; Merton and Beaford.
Duncan Goodman, Manager of Torridge CTA, said: "We are delighted to get this funding from DCC. We realised that with supermarkets and other shops open seven-days-a-week, there was an opportunity for us to serve some extra parishes by operating at the weekend."
In addition, some extra parishes - Huntshaw, Alverdiscott, Buckland Filleigh and Burrington - have been added into the timetable during the week.
You may also want to watch:
To book or for more details of the door-to-door, accessible service, telephone Torridge CTA on (01237) 423232.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice