Torridge 'ring and ride' service expanded
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council. The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend ring and ride service to Dolton
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council.
The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend "ring and ride" service to Dolton; Dowland; Huish; Littleham; Landcross; Monkleigh; Buckland Brewer; Parkham; Alwington; Yarnscombe; Merton and Beaford.
Duncan Goodman, Manager of Torridge CTA, said: "We are delighted to get this funding from DCC. We realised that with supermarkets and other shops open seven-days-a-week, there was an opportunity for us to serve some extra parishes by operating at the weekend."
In addition, some extra parishes - Huntshaw, Alverdiscott, Buckland Filleigh and Burrington - have been added into the timetable during the week.
You may also want to watch:
To book or for more details of the door-to-door, accessible service, telephone Torridge CTA on (01237) 423232.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing