Torridge 'ring and ride' service expanded
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council. The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend ring and ride service to Dolton
A COMMUNITY transport service for people living in rural Torridge has been expanded thanks to funding from Devon County Council.
The grant has enabled Torridge Community Transport Association to offer an alternate weekend "ring and ride" service to Dolton; Dowland; Huish; Littleham; Landcross; Monkleigh; Buckland Brewer; Parkham; Alwington; Yarnscombe; Merton and Beaford.
Duncan Goodman, Manager of Torridge CTA, said: "We are delighted to get this funding from DCC. We realised that with supermarkets and other shops open seven-days-a-week, there was an opportunity for us to serve some extra parishes by operating at the weekend."
In addition, some extra parishes - Huntshaw, Alverdiscott, Buckland Filleigh and Burrington - have been added into the timetable during the week.
You may also want to watch:
To book or for more details of the door-to-door, accessible service, telephone Torridge CTA on (01237) 423232.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman