Torridge Pool celebrates £135,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Councillors have a tour of the brand new facility including dance studio and gym refurbishment.
NORTHAM celebrated the official opening of its £135,000 refurbishment with a brand new dance and exercise studio and refurbished gym.
Members of Torridge District Council were given a tour of the Torridge Pool on Saturday with chairman Tony Inch cutting the red ribbon.
The new state-of-the-art facilities have come due to a joint partnership scheme between Torridge and the 1610 leisure trust which manages the facility.
Cllr Inch said: “This is an excellent facility as the refurbishment works allow 1610 to be able to offer more exercise classes for local people in a state of the art studio. It really is time to work off those Christmas puddings.”
You may also want to watch:
Tim Nightingale, chief executive of 1610, said: “The local community in Torridge now has a first class leisure facility on its doorstep with some of the best fitness equipment available on the market and with more exercise classes to choose from than ever before.
“The community in Torridge has really embraced the new facilities and we are delighted that members of Torridge District Council will be able to enjoy touring the facilities and to see first hand how well the money has been spent.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton