Torridge parking without cash
MOTORISTS parking in Torridge District Council s car parks will soon be able to do so without having to hunt for cash to put into the meter. The council is introducing a quicker and more convenient way of paying for parking - by phone, using a credit or d
MOTORISTS parking in Torridge District Council's car parks will soon be able to do so without having to hunt for cash to put into the meter.
The council is introducing a quicker and more convenient way of paying for parking - by phone, using a credit or debit card.
It will also help them avoid penalties for overstaying their time!
Working in partnership with RingGo, the council will be offering the service from Monday, June 22, in all its car parks throughout the district.
You may also want to watch:
Once registered with RingGo, motorists will be able to ring a local telephone number (01237) 402405 to pay for parking, simply by giving the car park reference number on the pay and display machine and stating how long they wish to stay for.
Once parked, if motorists are running late for any reason, they can simply extend their parking time by the same method. No ticket is needed and they can even get a text reminder when they are running out of time!
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Cllr Geoff Lee, Lead Member for Car Parks in Torridge, said: "This initiative is a welcome alternative to our pay and display machines and will give motorists the choice of how to pay for their parking."
Motorists can register by mobile phone when using the service for the first time, in advance by phone, or by visiting www.ringgo.co.uk. For further information contact parking services on (01237) 428981 or look on the website www.torridge.gov.uk/