Torridge leisure programme about to start
THE Torridge Summer Culture and Leisure Holiday Programme is about to begin and is bigger and better than ever before. It s packed full of fantastic opportunities and a wide range of activities for young people aged three to18 to enjoy over the summer mo
THE Torridge Summer Culture and Leisure Holiday Programme is about to begin and is bigger and better than ever before.
It's packed full of fantastic opportunities and a wide range of activities for young people aged three to18 to enjoy over the summer months.
As well as the usual courses and events, including fencing, tennis, trampolining and tiny tots football - this summer there are new ones like Brazilian Soccer, Mixed Cricket, Forest Schools, Beginners' Golf, Crazy Golf and High Ropes Climbing, not to mention the Roadford Lake Activity Days and Plymouth Argyle Football camp.
Sports coaches will be working undercover to find those
You may also want to watch:
participants who excel within their programme. A special presentation evening will be held early in the New Year to celebrate the successful achievers.
Thanks to the Bideford Learning Community, participants you can get 50 per cent off the cost of some of your bookings this summer if they attend any of the following schools: Abbotsham, Appledore, Bideford College, Clovelly, East-the-Water, Hartland, Instow, Pynes, St George's, St. Margaret's, St.Mary's, Westcroft or Woolsery.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
Lead Member for Health and Leisure Councillor Rose Lock said: "As a council we are committed to the youth of the district for their health, leisure, sporting activities and enjoyment - making Torridge a great place to live, work and play. This commitment has resulted in this extensive summer programme for youngsters and I would encourage everybody to make use of this excellent programme."
Courses will be running throughout the season from July 20 - 31st August. Anyone wishing to book onto a course or requiring more information should contact the Culture and Leisure Team on (01237) 428737 or look on our website www.torridge.gov.uk for a brochure and full activity listing.
For further information please contact Ian Hayter, Media Officer, on 01237 428749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy McCormack, Public Relations and Communications Manager, on 01237 428772 or email email@example.com