Torridge leisure programme about to start
THE Torridge Summer Culture and Leisure Holiday Programme is about to begin and is bigger and better than ever before. It s packed full of fantastic opportunities and a wide range of activities for young people aged three to18 to enjoy over the summer mo
THE Torridge Summer Culture and Leisure Holiday Programme is about to begin and is bigger and better than ever before.
It's packed full of fantastic opportunities and a wide range of activities for young people aged three to18 to enjoy over the summer months.
As well as the usual courses and events, including fencing, tennis, trampolining and tiny tots football - this summer there are new ones like Brazilian Soccer, Mixed Cricket, Forest Schools, Beginners' Golf, Crazy Golf and High Ropes Climbing, not to mention the Roadford Lake Activity Days and Plymouth Argyle Football camp.
Sports coaches will be working undercover to find those
You may also want to watch:
participants who excel within their programme. A special presentation evening will be held early in the New Year to celebrate the successful achievers.
Thanks to the Bideford Learning Community, participants you can get 50 per cent off the cost of some of your bookings this summer if they attend any of the following schools: Abbotsham, Appledore, Bideford College, Clovelly, East-the-Water, Hartland, Instow, Pynes, St George's, St. Margaret's, St.Mary's, Westcroft or Woolsery.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
Lead Member for Health and Leisure Councillor Rose Lock said: "As a council we are committed to the youth of the district for their health, leisure, sporting activities and enjoyment - making Torridge a great place to live, work and play. This commitment has resulted in this extensive summer programme for youngsters and I would encourage everybody to make use of this excellent programme."
Courses will be running throughout the season from July 20 - 31st August. Anyone wishing to book onto a course or requiring more information should contact the Culture and Leisure Team on (01237) 428737 or look on our website www.torridge.gov.uk for a brochure and full activity listing.
For further information please contact Ian Hayter, Media Officer, on 01237 428749 or email email@example.com or Kathy McCormack, Public Relations and Communications Manager, on 01237 428772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org