Torridge home owners offered help with mortgage problems
HOME owners in Torridge who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments are able to get free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest. Funded by the Devon Strategic Housing Group, Homemaker Southwest offers county-wide free, ind
HOME owners in Torridge who are worried about maintaining their mortgage payments are able to get free advice and help from local charity Homemaker Southwest.
Funded by the Devon Strategic Housing Group, Homemaker Southwest offers county-wide free, independent and confidential advice to homeowners about managing their mortgage payments during the current economic climate.
Torridge District Council Housing Options officers have been working closely with Homemaker Southwest in housing surgeries but members of the public can also call them direct for advice and a mortgage pack.
Councillor David Lausen, Torridge Lead Member for Housing, said: "The Helpline receives calls daily from people who have either lost their jobs or had their hours reduced. It is encouraging that many of these people are seeking advice at a very early stage, even before they get into arrears with their payments. Homemaker Southwest listens to their concerns and points them in the right direction to obtain further help, as well as explaining about benefits and new government initiatives."
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Jennings, Devon Strategic Housing Group, said "Mortgage arrears doesn't automatically lead to repossession and I would advise anyone who is struggling or thinks they may struggle to pay their mortgage to contact Homemaker for advice on all the available options."
For more information about Homemaker visit www.homemakersw.org.uk,
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
Anyone worried about not being able to maintain their mortgage payments can contact the dedicated telephone helpline on 01392 686760 for initial advice about their options as well as a free, comprehensive advice pack. Or, to speak to a Torridge Housing Options officer, call 01237 428849.
For further information please contact Ian Hayter, Media Officer, on 01237 428749 or email email@example.com or Kathy McCormack, Public Relations and Communications Manager, on 01237 428772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org