Torridge councillor backs waste less food campaign
ADAM Symons, Torridge District Council s Lead Member for Waste and Recycling, is supporting the Love Food Hate Waste to encourage people to to waste less food. The campaign, by WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme), shows that by doing easy prac
ADAM Symons, Torridge District Council's Lead Member for Waste and Recycling, is supporting the 'Love Food Hate Waste' to encourage people to to waste less food.
The campaign, by WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme), shows that by doing easy practical everyday things in the home everyone can waste less food, save money and help the environment
Anyone who makes a pledge to reduce theirr food waste at lovefoodhatewaste.com/southwest could be in with a chance to win a weekend for four at one of the top hotels in the region.
Councillor Symons said: "The aim is to encourage people to pledge to waste less food. By planning our meals, cooking the right amount, storing food correctly and making new meals from leftovers we could save over �50 a month.
You may also want to watch:
"But it's not only your wallet that will benefit from wasting less food; there are serious environmental implications. When we waste food, we also waste the energy, water and packaging involved in producing, transporting and storing the food. What's more, food that gets sent to landfill contributes to climate change as it creates methane gas when it rots down."
Torridge District Council will shortly be introducing food waste collections to help those residents who do not already recycle their leftovers, which will also help reduce landfill and have a positive effect on our environment.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
For lots of hints and tips to make your food go further visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com and to make a pledge to reduce your food waste and be in with a chance of winning a weekend for four at one of the region's top hotels visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/southwest