Torridge councillor backs empty homes week
COUNCILLOR David Lausen, Torridge District Council s Lead Member for Housing, is backing National Empty Homes Week, which starts on November 23.. It is an initiative by the Empty Homes Agency - an independent campaigning charity aiming to raise awaren
COUNCILLOR David Lausen, Torridge District Council's Lead Member for Housing, is backing National Empty Homes Week, which starts on November 23..
It is an initiative by the Empty Homes Agency - an independent campaigning charity aiming to raise awareness of the potential of empty homes to meet housing need as well as devise and promote sustainable solutions that will bring empty homes back into use.
The Empty Homes Agency estimates that there are almost 60,000 empty properties in the South West alone. There are a number of empty homes within Torridge and many of these could be made into habitable properties.
Councillor Lausen said, "There are many reasons why homes are left empty but it is vital that we all work together to tackle this problem. Empty homes can also detract from the local environment and can cause considerable problems for local residents. Returning a home to occupation plays an important part in the regeneration of communities."
You may also want to watch:
If you own or know of any empty homes that could be brought back into use, please contact Rebecca Rogers in Torridge's Housing Renewal team on 01237 428841 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also report empty homes anonymously through www.reportemptyhomes.com.
For more information on the Empty Homes Agency, call 020 7022 1868 or see their website www.emptyhomes.com.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 4 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 9 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip