Torridge commended for national award
- Credit: Archant
The council has either won or been commended for six years in a row.
TORRIDGE District Council’s land charges team has been highly commended for an award.
The council has either won or been highly commended for an award at the Land Data Local Land Charges Awards for Excellence since they began six years ago.
The commendation for the best performing national land information service was awarded to the council at a ceremony on last night (Monday), presented by TV and radio broadcaster Paul Ross.
Barry Parsons, leader of Torridge District Council , said: “Torridge has been shortlisted for 13 awards over the last six years, winning four outright, being finalists three times and being highly commended twice.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the only council in England and Wales to have achieved this is quite something.
“I am delighted that once again hard working staff have received recognition nationally for all their efforts.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
“It shows a consistently high level of commitment right across the board.”