Torridge commended for national award
- Credit: Archant
The council has either won or been commended for six years in a row.
TORRIDGE District Council’s land charges team has been highly commended for an award.
The council has either won or been highly commended for an award at the Land Data Local Land Charges Awards for Excellence since they began six years ago.
The commendation for the best performing national land information service was awarded to the council at a ceremony on last night (Monday), presented by TV and radio broadcaster Paul Ross.
Barry Parsons, leader of Torridge District Council , said: “Torridge has been shortlisted for 13 awards over the last six years, winning four outright, being finalists three times and being highly commended twice.
You may also want to watch:
“To be the only council in England and Wales to have achieved this is quite something.
“I am delighted that once again hard working staff have received recognition nationally for all their efforts.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 8 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
“It shows a consistently high level of commitment right across the board.”