Tories converge on Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE would get its fair share under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon. He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chai
ILFRACOMBE would "get its fair share" under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon.
He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chairman of Policy Review, who toured the harbour and High Street to see what Ilfracombe had to offer and hear about some of the issues facing it.
Mr Milton also visited the My Start Children's Centre on Thursday morning, before meeting up with Mr Letwin to talk to Ilfracombe Harbour Master Rob Lawson and hear about regeneration challenges and opportunities facing the town. It was followed by a visit to the Ilfracombe Centre and a meeting.
Mr Letwin said Ilfracombe was a classic case of a coastal town which had been marginalised.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an incredibly beautiful place and has some amazing architecture so there's something to build on," he said.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well