Tories converge on Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE would get its fair share under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon. He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chai
ILFRACOMBE would "get its fair share" under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon.
He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chairman of Policy Review, who toured the harbour and High Street to see what Ilfracombe had to offer and hear about some of the issues facing it.
Mr Milton also visited the My Start Children's Centre on Thursday morning, before meeting up with Mr Letwin to talk to Ilfracombe Harbour Master Rob Lawson and hear about regeneration challenges and opportunities facing the town. It was followed by a visit to the Ilfracombe Centre and a meeting.
Mr Letwin said Ilfracombe was a classic case of a coastal town which had been marginalised.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an incredibly beautiful place and has some amazing architecture so there's something to build on," he said.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president