Tories converge on Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE would get its fair share under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon. He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chai
ILFRACOMBE would "get its fair share" under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon.
He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chairman of Policy Review, who toured the harbour and High Street to see what Ilfracombe had to offer and hear about some of the issues facing it.
Mr Milton also visited the My Start Children's Centre on Thursday morning, before meeting up with Mr Letwin to talk to Ilfracombe Harbour Master Rob Lawson and hear about regeneration challenges and opportunities facing the town. It was followed by a visit to the Ilfracombe Centre and a meeting.
Mr Letwin said Ilfracombe was a classic case of a coastal town which had been marginalised.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an incredibly beautiful place and has some amazing architecture so there's something to build on," he said.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree