Tories converge on Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE would get its fair share under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party s Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon. He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chai
ILFRACOMBE would "get its fair share" under a Conservative Government, according to Philip Milton, the party's Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for North Devon.
He was speaking in the town as he hosted a visit by Oliver Letwin MP, the Conservative Chairman of Policy Review, who toured the harbour and High Street to see what Ilfracombe had to offer and hear about some of the issues facing it.
Mr Milton also visited the My Start Children's Centre on Thursday morning, before meeting up with Mr Letwin to talk to Ilfracombe Harbour Master Rob Lawson and hear about regeneration challenges and opportunities facing the town. It was followed by a visit to the Ilfracombe Centre and a meeting.
Mr Letwin said Ilfracombe was a classic case of a coastal town which had been marginalised.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an incredibly beautiful place and has some amazing architecture so there's something to build on," he said.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 8 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 9 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone