Top technician will teach apprentices
A Braunton car technician is celebrating reaching the top of his profession after qualifying from a national programme. Darren Goswell (37) recently gained his master technician status after joining Barnstaple Volkswagen six years ago
A Braunton car technician is celebrating reaching the top of his profession after qualifying from a national programme.
Darren Goswell (37) recently gained his master technician status after joining Barnstaple Volkswagen six years ago and working his way through the Volkswagen Academy training programme.
Now one of the UK's top Volkswagen technicians, he will pass on his experience to the Braunton Road site's apprentice technicians.
Darren graduated from his apprenticeship in 1991 and worked for a number of local garages before joining Volkswagen and undertaking six years of intensive on-the-job training and assessment before qualifying as a master technician.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I am over the moon to I have reached the top of my profession and it's extremely rewarding to know I can now pass on my knowledge and experience to the next generation of technicians.
"I'm very grateful to Barnstaple Volkswagen for believing in me and for investing in my training."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Barnstaple Volkswagen's after sales manager, John Leith, said: "Darren is thoroughly professional in his job and this qualification is reward for his efforts.
"The apprentices are lucky to have a technician of his calibre teaching them."
It costs nearly �40,000 to train an apprentice through to technician status and a further �100,000 for a technician to reach master technician status.