Top Rotary role for Brian
Chartered accountant handed the presidency of Barnstaple club.
CHARTERED accountant Brian Ross has become the 88th president of the Rotary Club of Barnstaple.
Mr Ross, a partner with Glover Stanbury & Co, has followed in the footsteps of fellow former accountant, the late Roy Stanbury, who was himself president of the club in 1988/89.
He is well-known in North Devon business, charity and community circles, having been a founder trustee and finance director of the North Devon Theatres’ Trust.
Mr Ross was also an active Round Tabler and an executive board member and treasurer of both the North Devon Small Business Club and later the Barnstaple Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
In 2009, he was recognised as a Paul Harris Fellow – one of the highest honours that Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland can grant.
He said: “It is a very humbling experience but a great honour to take on the presidency of such an outstanding club with such an amazing weight of history here in North Devon.
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
“Our members and their families have been serving the local community for more than 88 years now as well as all playing our small part in Rotary International and what is now the largest privately run worldwide charity – The Rotary Foundation.”
To find out more about the Rotary Club of Barnstaple, visit www.barnstaple.rotary1170.org