Top Rotary role for Brian
Chartered accountant handed the presidency of Barnstaple club.
CHARTERED accountant Brian Ross has become the 88th president of the Rotary Club of Barnstaple.
Mr Ross, a partner with Glover Stanbury & Co, has followed in the footsteps of fellow former accountant, the late Roy Stanbury, who was himself president of the club in 1988/89.
He is well-known in North Devon business, charity and community circles, having been a founder trustee and finance director of the North Devon Theatres’ Trust.
Mr Ross was also an active Round Tabler and an executive board member and treasurer of both the North Devon Small Business Club and later the Barnstaple Chamber of Commerce.
You may also want to watch:
In 2009, he was recognised as a Paul Harris Fellow – one of the highest honours that Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland can grant.
He said: “It is a very humbling experience but a great honour to take on the presidency of such an outstanding club with such an amazing weight of history here in North Devon.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
“Our members and their families have been serving the local community for more than 88 years now as well as all playing our small part in Rotary International and what is now the largest privately run worldwide charity – The Rotary Foundation.”
To find out more about the Rotary Club of Barnstaple, visit www.barnstaple.rotary1170.org