Top performers at West Buckland Festival
THE West Buckland Festival this year takes place from September 10-13, a week earlier than in previous years but, as always, it is planned to coincide with the Harvest Festival celebrations in St Peter s Church. Most of the main events are held in the ch
THE West Buckland Festival this year takes place from September 10-13, a week earlier than in previous years but, as always, it is planned to coincide with the Harvest Festival celebrations in St Peter's Church.
Most of the main events are held in the church. Proceeds this year will go to Help for Heroes and St Peter's.
The Festival starts on the Friday evening with an art exhibition, which will be open throughout the weekend.
Also on the Friday evening, five of the most outstanding young musicians from Devon will provide a concert of classical music. The five musicians - Pip Ash (cello), Rebecca Betambeau (violin), Ellie Laugharne (soprano), Josh Price (trumpet) and Nika Shoot (piano) - will each give a solo performance accompanied by pianist Susan Steele. The concert starts at 7.30 and tickets (including refreshments) are �10 each.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday, September 12 features an evening of Jazz with jazz pianist and singer Ruth Applin accompanied by Josh Kemp, on saxophone.
After a short interval the evening will continue with the magical talent of Harry The Piano, described by Jonathan Ross as "the best pianist in the civilised world."
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
On the Sunday, there will be an Olde Tyme Music Hall in the church.The evening will be hosted by North Devon's own Barry Fenwick and will include the West Buckland School Jazz Group, Philip Parker on accordion and a rare local talent - the Strolling Players. Joining Barry Fenwick will be the modern day Marie Lloyd - Louise Lloyd - Harry The Piano, the Gentleman Juggler and many more including Marines from RMB Chivenor.
The well established West Buckland Festival Walk will be on the Saturday afternoon. Walkers, wearing sensible shoes, will meet outside East Buckland Church at 2.15 prepared for a two-hour walk. There will be a special Garden Party in the village on Sunday afternoon - 2 till 4.30 when visitors will have the chance to see many rare and unusual animals.
For tickets, call (01598) 760 426.