Top North Devon cadet
BRAUNTON based Army Cadet Staff Serjeant Rob Ridges,17, has been named as the North Devon Cadet of the Year for 2010.
Each of the ten North Devon detachments is invited to submit a name and reasons why their cadet should be selected to receive the Colonel L Blenco Achievement Trophy.
Rob was selected by a panel of HQ staff and received the trophy from Officer Commanding for North Devon ACF Major Joe Martin during Christmas camp at the Okehampton base.
He was described as: “An outstanding cadet, always giving 100% and volunteering and participating at every opportunity”.
In his six years as an Army Cadet Rob has spent three years as Drum Major for the Devon ACF Corps of Drums and has completed Cadet BTec diplomas in music and public services as well as participating in bronze and silver levels of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Rob said: “I am very honoured to have received this trophy and have enjoyed my time in the Army Cadet Force immensely.”
Braunton ACF parades on Wednesdays 7pm-9.15pm at Southmead Primary School. For more details call Staff McDonald on 07976 977 034.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 8 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 9 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 10 North Devon Weekend Football Results