Top North Devon cadet
BRAUNTON based Army Cadet Staff Serjeant Rob Ridges,17, has been named as the North Devon Cadet of the Year for 2010.
Each of the ten North Devon detachments is invited to submit a name and reasons why their cadet should be selected to receive the Colonel L Blenco Achievement Trophy.
Rob was selected by a panel of HQ staff and received the trophy from Officer Commanding for North Devon ACF Major Joe Martin during Christmas camp at the Okehampton base.
He was described as: “An outstanding cadet, always giving 100% and volunteering and participating at every opportunity”.
In his six years as an Army Cadet Rob has spent three years as Drum Major for the Devon ACF Corps of Drums and has completed Cadet BTec diplomas in music and public services as well as participating in bronze and silver levels of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
You may also want to watch:
Rob said: “I am very honoured to have received this trophy and have enjoyed my time in the Army Cadet Force immensely.”
Braunton ACF parades on Wednesdays 7pm-9.15pm at Southmead Primary School. For more details call Staff McDonald on 07976 977 034.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19