Top North Devon cadet
BRAUNTON based Army Cadet Staff Serjeant Rob Ridges,17, has been named as the North Devon Cadet of the Year for 2010.
Each of the ten North Devon detachments is invited to submit a name and reasons why their cadet should be selected to receive the Colonel L Blenco Achievement Trophy.
Rob was selected by a panel of HQ staff and received the trophy from Officer Commanding for North Devon ACF Major Joe Martin during Christmas camp at the Okehampton base.
He was described as: “An outstanding cadet, always giving 100% and volunteering and participating at every opportunity”.
In his six years as an Army Cadet Rob has spent three years as Drum Major for the Devon ACF Corps of Drums and has completed Cadet BTec diplomas in music and public services as well as participating in bronze and silver levels of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
You may also want to watch:
Rob said: “I am very honoured to have received this trophy and have enjoyed my time in the Army Cadet Force immensely.”
Braunton ACF parades on Wednesdays 7pm-9.15pm at Southmead Primary School. For more details call Staff McDonald on 07976 977 034.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level