Top marks for Chulmleigh's Year 10
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results – having taking their maths GCSE a year early! A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* i
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results - having taking their maths GCSE a year early!
A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* in a year when students smashed all previous GCSE records at the college.
Jo Cook, head of maths said: "We are delighted with the students' results and are eagerly anticipating them exceeding the 73 per cent A to C grades achieved by Year 11 this year.
"We're consistently getting high results and have a sustainable way of doing it. This year, 29 per cent of students achieved three or more A* to A grades, many of these in English. Also, 79 per cent of students achieved five A* to C grades and 68 per cent achieved five A* to C grades including English and maths."
Student Tom Spence, who is beginning his final year at the college this week, said: "I am extremely pleased to achieve an A* at maths a year early because it opens up so many opportunities in the future.
"It also gives me the chance to take an extra maths course that can earn me UCAS points to go to university.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets