Top marks for Chulmleigh's Year 10
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results – having taking their maths GCSE a year early! A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* i
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results - having taking their maths GCSE a year early!
A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* in a year when students smashed all previous GCSE records at the college.
Jo Cook, head of maths said: "We are delighted with the students' results and are eagerly anticipating them exceeding the 73 per cent A to C grades achieved by Year 11 this year.
"We're consistently getting high results and have a sustainable way of doing it. This year, 29 per cent of students achieved three or more A* to A grades, many of these in English. Also, 79 per cent of students achieved five A* to C grades and 68 per cent achieved five A* to C grades including English and maths."
You may also want to watch:
Student Tom Spence, who is beginning his final year at the college this week, said: "I am extremely pleased to achieve an A* at maths a year early because it opens up so many opportunities in the future.
"It also gives me the chance to take an extra maths course that can earn me UCAS points to go to university.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety