Top marks for Chulmleigh's Year 10
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results – having taking their maths GCSE a year early! A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* i
YEAR 10 students at Chulmleigh Community College have been celebrating outstanding GCSE exam results - having taking their maths GCSE a year early!
A massive 60 per cent have already achieved a grade C and 10 per cent gained the top grade of an A or A* in a year when students smashed all previous GCSE records at the college.
Jo Cook, head of maths said: "We are delighted with the students' results and are eagerly anticipating them exceeding the 73 per cent A to C grades achieved by Year 11 this year.
"We're consistently getting high results and have a sustainable way of doing it. This year, 29 per cent of students achieved three or more A* to A grades, many of these in English. Also, 79 per cent of students achieved five A* to C grades and 68 per cent achieved five A* to C grades including English and maths."
You may also want to watch:
Student Tom Spence, who is beginning his final year at the college this week, said: "I am extremely pleased to achieve an A* at maths a year early because it opens up so many opportunities in the future.
"It also gives me the chance to take an extra maths course that can earn me UCAS points to go to university.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 10 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows