Top chef heads an all-star food cast
Food fans in for a tasty treat at annual Foodfest this Sunday.
CELEBRITY chef Michael Caines will be among a host of top chefs demonstrating their skills at the fifth annual North Devon Foodfest, taking place in Barnstaple on Sunday.
The Michelin-starred Gidleigh Park chef will be on stage from 12.15pm as part of an action-packed programme in the pannier market that promises to satisfy the appetite of even the most discerning of food fans.
The event, from 10.30am to 3.30pm, will showcase the finest local produce from across North Devon and Exmoor, with around 80 exhibitors offering everything from cheese, artisan bread, ciders and ales to local meats, fresh produce and fish.
The winners of the North Devon Food and Drink Awards will be announced at 1pm, with awards for the best restaurant, pub, cafe, producer and traditional fish and chips as well as the super service award up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will also be able to find out about local fish landed in Ilfracombe, Bideford, Appledore and Clovelly, and be offered the chance to win a hamper full of local produce worth �250.
Live Music will be provided by a host of top local talent including Braunton teenager Ellie Campbell.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes