Top bluegrass band in South Molton
A Christmas cracker of a night is on offer at the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday (December 18) as one of the UK s most popular bluegrass bands, The Thunderbridge Blues Boys, appear at the venue. Expect a great evening of American style bluegrass w
A Christmas cracker of a night is on offer at the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday (December 18) as one of the UK's most popular bluegrass bands, The Thunderbridge Blues Boys, appear at the venue.
Expect a great evening of American style bluegrass with fantastic four part harmonies and very dextrous instrument playing at the gig, which starts at 8.30pm.
The concert is hosted by the Wildwood Flower Mountain Music Club, which for years has been introducing local audiences to the popular bluegrass sound.
The Boys have been cooking up a storm over the past year and have played at many prestigious events, including the Cornish Bluegrass Festival, where they wowed audiences with their performance.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been another fantastic year for us," said Nick Girone-Maddocks, Thunderbridge singer and mandolin player.
"We would never have dreamed when we formed four years ago that the band would develop into one of the top UK bluegrass bands - such an achievement!"
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
Previous north Devon gigs by The Thunderbridge Bluegrass Boys have proved a huge hit and this one is expected to be no exception. Tickets cost �10 and are best booked in advance by contacting Martin and Marianne Lucas on (01237) 472083.