Top bluegrass band in South Molton
A Christmas cracker of a night is on offer at the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday (December 18) as one of the UK s most popular bluegrass bands, The Thunderbridge Blues Boys, appear at the venue. Expect a great evening of American style bluegrass w
A Christmas cracker of a night is on offer at the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday (December 18) as one of the UK's most popular bluegrass bands, The Thunderbridge Blues Boys, appear at the venue.
Expect a great evening of American style bluegrass with fantastic four part harmonies and very dextrous instrument playing at the gig, which starts at 8.30pm.
The concert is hosted by the Wildwood Flower Mountain Music Club, which for years has been introducing local audiences to the popular bluegrass sound.
The Boys have been cooking up a storm over the past year and have played at many prestigious events, including the Cornish Bluegrass Festival, where they wowed audiences with their performance.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been another fantastic year for us," said Nick Girone-Maddocks, Thunderbridge singer and mandolin player.
"We would never have dreamed when we formed four years ago that the band would develop into one of the top UK bluegrass bands - such an achievement!"
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
Previous north Devon gigs by The Thunderbridge Bluegrass Boys have proved a huge hit and this one is expected to be no exception. Tickets cost �10 and are best booked in advance by contacting Martin and Marianne Lucas on (01237) 472083.