Top bluegrass band in South Molton
A Christmas cracker of a night is on offer at the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday (December 18) as one of the UK s most popular bluegrass bands, The Thunderbridge Blues Boys, appear at the venue. Expect a great evening of American style bluegrass w
A Christmas cracker of a night is on offer at the George Hotel in South Molton on Friday (December 18) as one of the UK's most popular bluegrass bands, The Thunderbridge Blues Boys, appear at the venue.
Expect a great evening of American style bluegrass with fantastic four part harmonies and very dextrous instrument playing at the gig, which starts at 8.30pm.
The concert is hosted by the Wildwood Flower Mountain Music Club, which for years has been introducing local audiences to the popular bluegrass sound.
The Boys have been cooking up a storm over the past year and have played at many prestigious events, including the Cornish Bluegrass Festival, where they wowed audiences with their performance.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been another fantastic year for us," said Nick Girone-Maddocks, Thunderbridge singer and mandolin player.
"We would never have dreamed when we formed four years ago that the band would develop into one of the top UK bluegrass bands - such an achievement!"
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
Previous north Devon gigs by The Thunderbridge Bluegrass Boys have proved a huge hit and this one is expected to be no exception. Tickets cost �10 and are best booked in advance by contacting Martin and Marianne Lucas on (01237) 472083.