Top award for Torridge council officer
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool. Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards. The awards were prese
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool.
Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards.
The awards were presented at a dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool hosted by broadcaster and journalist Carol Thatcher, daughter of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Land charges officers carry out local authority searches as a vital part of the property conveyancing process. More than 120 representatives from teams around the country attended the awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The officer of the year award was created to recognise a local land charges officer who has made a real difference in the industry. Land Data invited officers from all local authorities to nominate someone they deemed worthy of the award and to provide reasons why.
Kevin received the highest number of votes from a wide range of different local authorities, making him the clear winner.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
Torridge was also nominated for the Customer Satisfaction Award for local authority searches for the third year in a row.
This is the third time Torridge District Council has won a Local Land Charges Award, scooping the Customer Satisfaction Award for Personal Searches in 2008 and the Customer Satisfaction Award for Local Authority Searches in 2009.
Marion Perkin, Torridge's lead member for human resources, said: "It's a wonderful achievement to be nominated, let alone win this national award. All of our staff at Torridge are committed and professional and my congratulations go to him on this well deserved accolade."
For more information, visit www.land-data.org.uk