Top award for Torridge council officer
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool. Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards. The awards were prese
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool.
Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards.
The awards were presented at a dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool hosted by broadcaster and journalist Carol Thatcher, daughter of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Land charges officers carry out local authority searches as a vital part of the property conveyancing process. More than 120 representatives from teams around the country attended the awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The officer of the year award was created to recognise a local land charges officer who has made a real difference in the industry. Land Data invited officers from all local authorities to nominate someone they deemed worthy of the award and to provide reasons why.
Kevin received the highest number of votes from a wide range of different local authorities, making him the clear winner.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Torridge was also nominated for the Customer Satisfaction Award for local authority searches for the third year in a row.
This is the third time Torridge District Council has won a Local Land Charges Award, scooping the Customer Satisfaction Award for Personal Searches in 2008 and the Customer Satisfaction Award for Local Authority Searches in 2009.
Marion Perkin, Torridge's lead member for human resources, said: "It's a wonderful achievement to be nominated, let alone win this national award. All of our staff at Torridge are committed and professional and my congratulations go to him on this well deserved accolade."
For more information, visit www.land-data.org.uk