Top award for Torridge council officer
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool. Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards. The awards were prese
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool.
Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards.
The awards were presented at a dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool hosted by broadcaster and journalist Carol Thatcher, daughter of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Land charges officers carry out local authority searches as a vital part of the property conveyancing process. More than 120 representatives from teams around the country attended the awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The officer of the year award was created to recognise a local land charges officer who has made a real difference in the industry. Land Data invited officers from all local authorities to nominate someone they deemed worthy of the award and to provide reasons why.
Kevin received the highest number of votes from a wide range of different local authorities, making him the clear winner.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
Torridge was also nominated for the Customer Satisfaction Award for local authority searches for the third year in a row.
This is the third time Torridge District Council has won a Local Land Charges Award, scooping the Customer Satisfaction Award for Personal Searches in 2008 and the Customer Satisfaction Award for Local Authority Searches in 2009.
Marion Perkin, Torridge's lead member for human resources, said: "It's a wonderful achievement to be nominated, let alone win this national award. All of our staff at Torridge are committed and professional and my congratulations go to him on this well deserved accolade."
For more information, visit www.land-data.org.uk