Top award for Torridge council officer
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool. Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards. The awards were prese
A TORRIDGE District Council officer has scooped a top award for his industry at a national ceremony in Blackpool.
Kevin Crowl was named Local Land Charges Officer of the Year at the 2010 Land Data Local Land Charges Industry Awards.
The awards were presented at a dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool hosted by broadcaster and journalist Carol Thatcher, daughter of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Land charges officers carry out local authority searches as a vital part of the property conveyancing process. More than 120 representatives from teams around the country attended the awards ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
The officer of the year award was created to recognise a local land charges officer who has made a real difference in the industry. Land Data invited officers from all local authorities to nominate someone they deemed worthy of the award and to provide reasons why.
Kevin received the highest number of votes from a wide range of different local authorities, making him the clear winner.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Torridge was also nominated for the Customer Satisfaction Award for local authority searches for the third year in a row.
This is the third time Torridge District Council has won a Local Land Charges Award, scooping the Customer Satisfaction Award for Personal Searches in 2008 and the Customer Satisfaction Award for Local Authority Searches in 2009.
Marion Perkin, Torridge's lead member for human resources, said: "It's a wonderful achievement to be nominated, let alone win this national award. All of our staff at Torridge are committed and professional and my congratulations go to him on this well deserved accolade."
For more information, visit www.land-data.org.uk