North Devon Council website still ranked the country’s best
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Council’s website has retained its spot as best local authority website in the country following judging in a quarterly national audit.
During the audit, carried out by independent specialists Sitemorse, the website undergoes 1,600 tests, checks and measures per page which identify actions that improve the user experience, looking at factors such as loading speed, links and accessibility.
Leader of North Devon Council, David Worden, said: “Our website is a crucial tool for us to provide our services in a way that meets our customers needs.
“Many people are simply not able to call us during working hours, whereas for others it isn’t easy to make it into our officers, so our website is the way they access important information.
“This has been illustrated even further over the last few months with the coronavirus outbreak making it possible to continue providing our vital services 24/7 to help our customers get through the difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit the website at https://www.northdevon.gov.uk/
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users