Tom's North Devon's choc champ
TOM Downing from Bideford was crowned North Devon Chocolate Chomping Champion for 2009 at the BIG Sheep Chocolate Festival, which was sponsored by ASDA Bideford and Thornton s of Barnstaple. The event raised money for Pedal Power and Children with Leukaem
TOM Downing from Bideford was crowned North Devon Chocolate Chomping Champion for 2009 at the BIG Sheep Chocolate Festival, which was sponsored by ASDA Bideford and Thornton's of Barnstaple.
The event raised money for Pedal Power and Children with Leukaemia.
Tom consumed over 20,000 calories to beat the other nine contestants.
He said: "I only signed up to enter an hour before the competition started, so it was a bit of a surprise to win. But I thoroughly enjoyed it!"
You may also want to watch:
Claire Payne, BIG Sheep marketing assistant, was thrilled so many people turned up to support the event.
Visitors who watched didn't miss out as there were two chocolate fountains on display with lots of ASDA fruit, biscuits and marshmallows and Thornton's fudge and toffee to dip in. They made a donation to the two charities if they wanted to indulge!
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief