Time to sell hotel...
I was pleased to see that Tantons Hotel in Bideford is now up for sale (North Devon Gazette, December 4).
It has stood empty for two years and has become an eyesore, especially when approaching the town over the old bridge from East-the Water.
It has become run-down with chipboard at the windows (presumably to deter squatters) and the hotel looks unsightly and derelict.
There’s good news too, with plans for the development of Brunswick Wharf (also an eyesore).
This can only improve the appearance of the town which has been rather sad lately.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton