Time to buy British
- Credit: Archant
After the recent events with many pre-packed foods having up to 100 per cent horsemeat in them, I feel the British public should support our farmers, many of whom have gone out of business because of foreign imports.
Some of the EU countries do not have our cleanliness or restrictions. Horses could have steroids in them if racehorses retired, or we may even get TB rejects.
Does anyone check these frozen foods?
We did not have this trouble before we joined the EU. France would not accept our British lamb, so why should we put up with horsemeat from Romania, Luxembourg or France?
The modern housewife needs to know how to cook, not just burgers or frozen meals. Brisket of beef is nice roasted slowly, and a cheaper cut is neck of lamb for stews. Use your cooker.
Our schools, hospitals, cafes and hotels may have unknowingly been serving up tainted meat. Why buy meat such as corned beef from Argentina? Why can’t we make our own?
Come on, public, support our British farmers and buy British.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford