Time to bring home the troops, Mr Brown
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan? The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan?
The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett since, April 2007. And they WILL continue until the arrogant Mr Brown and his Labour Government turn around and admit that his predecessor, Mr Blair, was wrong to send our troops into Afghanistan and tells the British public that our troops are coming home immediately. No army in history has ever won a war in Afghanistan, so why does Mr Brown believe that he can change history? After eight years, 230 lives lost and billions of tax payers' money spent, the British public still has no idea as to the real reason for our troops being sent out there and feel they are being lied to.
I say to Mr Brown you CAN and MUST bring our soldiers home without delay. Do you truly want your own Vietnam, Mr Brown?
Nigel Vidler, English Democrats PPC
You may also want to watch:
for North Devon.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land