Time to bring home the troops, Mr Brown
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan? The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan?
The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett since, April 2007. And they WILL continue until the arrogant Mr Brown and his Labour Government turn around and admit that his predecessor, Mr Blair, was wrong to send our troops into Afghanistan and tells the British public that our troops are coming home immediately. No army in history has ever won a war in Afghanistan, so why does Mr Brown believe that he can change history? After eight years, 230 lives lost and billions of tax payers' money spent, the British public still has no idea as to the real reason for our troops being sent out there and feel they are being lied to.
I say to Mr Brown you CAN and MUST bring our soldiers home without delay. Do you truly want your own Vietnam, Mr Brown?
Nigel Vidler, English Democrats PPC
for North Devon.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage