Time to bring home the troops, Mr Brown
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan? The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan?
The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett since, April 2007. And they WILL continue until the arrogant Mr Brown and his Labour Government turn around and admit that his predecessor, Mr Blair, was wrong to send our troops into Afghanistan and tells the British public that our troops are coming home immediately. No army in history has ever won a war in Afghanistan, so why does Mr Brown believe that he can change history? After eight years, 230 lives lost and billions of tax payers' money spent, the British public still has no idea as to the real reason for our troops being sent out there and feel they are being lied to.
I say to Mr Brown you CAN and MUST bring our soldiers home without delay. Do you truly want your own Vietnam, Mr Brown?
Nigel Vidler, English Democrats PPC
You may also want to watch:
for North Devon.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer