Time to bring home the troops, Mr Brown
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan? The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett
SIR - How many more times will the people of Wootton Bassett have to line the streets to pay their respects to the brave British servicemen and women slaughtered in Afghanistan?
The hearses of these brave soldiers have been passing through Wootton Bassett since, April 2007. And they WILL continue until the arrogant Mr Brown and his Labour Government turn around and admit that his predecessor, Mr Blair, was wrong to send our troops into Afghanistan and tells the British public that our troops are coming home immediately. No army in history has ever won a war in Afghanistan, so why does Mr Brown believe that he can change history? After eight years, 230 lives lost and billions of tax payers' money spent, the British public still has no idea as to the real reason for our troops being sent out there and feel they are being lied to.
I say to Mr Brown you CAN and MUST bring our soldiers home without delay. Do you truly want your own Vietnam, Mr Brown?
Nigel Vidler, English Democrats PPC
You may also want to watch:
for North Devon.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty