Time for TV re-tune in Torridge
DIGITAL TV switchover in Torridge is now complete – but don t forget to re-tune your boxes next Wednesday, September 30. The old analogue TV system has been turned off after broadcasting for 73 years in Devon, and more than 840,000 homes in the South Wes
DIGITAL TV switchover in Torridge is now complete - but don't forget to re-tune your boxes next Wednesday, September 30.
The old analogue TV system has been turned off after broadcasting for 73 years in Devon, and more than 840,000 homes in the South West are watching some form of digital television.
Anyone who still needs help with reception problems or with setting up or using digital equipment should get in touch with Digital UK at their website www.digitaluk.co.uk or call the helpline on 08456 50 50 50.
If you are 75 or over, or qualify for certain disability benefits, the Switchover Help Scheme is still welcoming applications from Torridge residents to get help - including the choice of equipment, installation and aftercare. But you need to act now, because you can only apply until October 9. Those who have already converted a TV set in their home without the Help Scheme can still apply for help to convert a second set. Viewers can contact the Help Scheme on 0800 40 85 900 or www.helpscheme.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Phil Pennington, Lead Member for Older People in Torridge, said: "If some of our older residents are still having problems with their TVs, I would urge them to contact the Help Scheme as soon as possible, if they have not already done so."
Bill Taylor, South West Regional Manager, Digital UK said: "All Freeview, BT Vision and Top-Up TV boxes, Freeview+ TV recorders and digital TVs will need to be retuned on or after September 30. This is to allow for a series of improvements to the Freeview service."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab