Time for manners
SIR – I agree with Charlotte Buckley s comments in last week s Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail. I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail. They ride too fast and expect
SIR - I agree with Charlotte Buckley's comments in last week's Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail.
I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail.
They ride too fast and expect you to move out of the way to make room for them.
Some cyclists do not use their bells either and frighten you to death by coming up behind you out of the blue.
I think it's about time they learned some manners, and also stopped using the trail as a race track. After all there are plenty of signs along the way which clearly state the rules. If they can't abide by them then stay off the trail, and let us walkers enjoy the beauty of it without having to constantly give way to these morons.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 10 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause