Time for manners
SIR – I agree with Charlotte Buckley s comments in last week s Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail. I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail. They ride too fast and expect
SIR - I agree with Charlotte Buckley's comments in last week's Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail.
I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail.
They ride too fast and expect you to move out of the way to make room for them.
Some cyclists do not use their bells either and frighten you to death by coming up behind you out of the blue.
You may also want to watch:
I think it's about time they learned some manners, and also stopped using the trail as a race track. After all there are plenty of signs along the way which clearly state the rules. If they can't abide by them then stay off the trail, and let us walkers enjoy the beauty of it without having to constantly give way to these morons.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand