Time for manners
SIR – I agree with Charlotte Buckley s comments in last week s Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail. I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail. They ride too fast and expect
SIR - I agree with Charlotte Buckley's comments in last week's Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail.
I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail.
They ride too fast and expect you to move out of the way to make room for them.
Some cyclists do not use their bells either and frighten you to death by coming up behind you out of the blue.
You may also want to watch:
I think it's about time they learned some manners, and also stopped using the trail as a race track. After all there are plenty of signs along the way which clearly state the rules. If they can't abide by them then stay off the trail, and let us walkers enjoy the beauty of it without having to constantly give way to these morons.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody