Time for manners
SIR – I agree with Charlotte Buckley s comments in last week s Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail. I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail. They ride too fast and expect
SIR - I agree with Charlotte Buckley's comments in last week's Gazette about cyclists on the Tarka Trail.
I too use the trail frequently to walk my dog. I rely on a stick for walking and cyclists do think they own the trail.
They ride too fast and expect you to move out of the way to make room for them.
Some cyclists do not use their bells either and frighten you to death by coming up behind you out of the blue.
You may also want to watch:
I think it's about time they learned some manners, and also stopped using the trail as a race track. After all there are plenty of signs along the way which clearly state the rules. If they can't abide by them then stay off the trail, and let us walkers enjoy the beauty of it without having to constantly give way to these morons.
- 1 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 2 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 8 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple