Ticket prices reduced for Northam Burrows
- Credit: Archant
The new prices will be introduced this month in response to last year’s public consultation on Northam Burrows.
VISITORS to Northam Burrows will be in for a pleasant surprise this summer with a reduction in car parking fees.
Daily tickets have been reduced from £4.50 to £3, and a season ticket for the summer period has been brought down by £15.
The cheaper tickets, which will run from May 21, came in response to the council’s public consultation on Northam Burrows carried out last year.
Barry Parsons, leader of Torridge District Council, said: “The results of the public consultation were clear – cheaper entry prices – so we’ve listened to our public and responded.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to think that those people, and many more besides, will now come down and enjoy what the Burrows has to offer throughout the season.’
Councillor Gaye Tabor, lead member for the natural and built environment, said: “We’re trialling these prices for this year and we hope that as many people as possible make the most of this opportunity to visit the Burrows.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
The new entry prices from May 21 will be:
Season ticket (car): £35
Weekly ticket (car): £12
Daily ticket (car): £3
Daily ticket (coach): £8
Daily ticket (motorbike): £1.50
Evening ticket (after 4pm): £1.50