Ticket prices reduced for Northam Burrows
- Credit: Archant
The new prices will be introduced this month in response to last year’s public consultation on Northam Burrows.
VISITORS to Northam Burrows will be in for a pleasant surprise this summer with a reduction in car parking fees.
Daily tickets have been reduced from £4.50 to £3, and a season ticket for the summer period has been brought down by £15.
The cheaper tickets, which will run from May 21, came in response to the council’s public consultation on Northam Burrows carried out last year.
Barry Parsons, leader of Torridge District Council, said: “The results of the public consultation were clear – cheaper entry prices – so we’ve listened to our public and responded.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to think that those people, and many more besides, will now come down and enjoy what the Burrows has to offer throughout the season.’
Councillor Gaye Tabor, lead member for the natural and built environment, said: “We’re trialling these prices for this year and we hope that as many people as possible make the most of this opportunity to visit the Burrows.”
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
The new entry prices from May 21 will be:
Season ticket (car): £35
Weekly ticket (car): £12
Daily ticket (car): £3
Daily ticket (coach): £8
Daily ticket (motorbike): £1.50
Evening ticket (after 4pm): £1.50