‘Thundery showers’ possible on Saturday
- Credit: Getty Images
Weather warning in place across North Devon this weekend.
A YELLOW weather warning for rain has been issued across North Devon with thundery downpours expected.
The Met Office has put the warning in place from 12.15am until 11.45pm, but said the warning currently covers a ‘broad’ area.
A spokesman said: “Warm, humid air is likely to be pulled northwards from France late on Friday and during Saturday.
“Within this air-mass, there is an increasing likelihood that heavy, thundery showers will break out.
You may also want to watch:
“It is likely that many places within the current broad warning area will miss the worst of the storms; over the next few days it may be possible to focus on the areas most at risk.”
Check back for more as we have it.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash