Three rescued from blazing house
Four fire engines attend Bideford fire
THREE people were rescued from a blazing property in Bideford last night.
Fire crews were alerted to the fire at a three-storey terraced house in Northdown Road, Bideford at approximately 7.40pm.
Three men were rescued by the fire service after four firemen wearing breathing apparatus entered the property.
Two appliances originally attended the scene, but a third appliance was sent from Barnstaple after it was discovered that all the occupants were not accounted for.
A fourth appliance then joined the scene from Torrington, and all occupants were accounted for.
The three men were left in the care of the ambulance service and no further details of their identities have been released.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity
The smoke and heat from the fire severely damaged 25 per cent of the ground floor of the property.
An investigation to determine the cause of the fire was beginning today.