Three rescued from blazing house
Four fire engines attend Bideford fire
THREE people were rescued from a blazing property in Bideford last night.
Fire crews were alerted to the fire at a three-storey terraced house in Northdown Road, Bideford at approximately 7.40pm.
Three men were rescued by the fire service after four firemen wearing breathing apparatus entered the property.
Two appliances originally attended the scene, but a third appliance was sent from Barnstaple after it was discovered that all the occupants were not accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth appliance then joined the scene from Torrington, and all occupants were accounted for.
The three men were left in the care of the ambulance service and no further details of their identities have been released.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
The smoke and heat from the fire severely damaged 25 per cent of the ground floor of the property.
An investigation to determine the cause of the fire was beginning today.