Three rescued from blazing house
Four fire engines attend Bideford fire
THREE people were rescued from a blazing property in Bideford last night.
Fire crews were alerted to the fire at a three-storey terraced house in Northdown Road, Bideford at approximately 7.40pm.
Three men were rescued by the fire service after four firemen wearing breathing apparatus entered the property.
Two appliances originally attended the scene, but a third appliance was sent from Barnstaple after it was discovered that all the occupants were not accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
A fourth appliance then joined the scene from Torrington, and all occupants were accounted for.
The three men were left in the care of the ambulance service and no further details of their identities have been released.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
The smoke and heat from the fire severely damaged 25 per cent of the ground floor of the property.
An investigation to determine the cause of the fire was beginning today.