Three Peaks with bicycle for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Purple Patch: Natasha and Dan take on three UK mountains to add to appeal fund.
TWO North Devon friends are hoping every step uphill or push on the pedals will be another penny in the bank as they take on the notorious Three Peaks Challenge for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Natasha Slee and Dan Sparrow will climb more than 11,000 feet as they take on Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Mount Snowdon in the well known charity challenge.
But with a twist – Dan plans to cycle in between each mountain, adding another 417 miles of pedalling to the task, including a mammoth 163 miles on the second day.
The pair will set foot at the base of Ben Nevis in Scotland on Saturday, August 24, before moving on to the Lake District and then Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Both Natasha and Dan said they had chosen to support the bid for a new £2.2million chemotherapy unit because they had both seen first hand the ‘fantastic and vital work’ by staff at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple on behalf of those with cancer.
You can sponsor Natasha and Dan by going to www.justgiving.com/ukthreepeakscycle.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer